ABOUT RACHEL     YOUTUBE     TWITTER     FACEBOOK     LOOKBOOK     BLOGLOVIN'     PINTEREST

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

DIY Sea Salt Spray! For Sexy, Beachy Waves



I love the beach.  The sun, the water, the sand... add in some good friends and you've got yourself a par-tay (or a couple of goofballs who attempt to jump over waves like they're 5 years old).  REGARDLESS, the added bonus of the windswept, beachy hair is the icing on the cake (or boat on the water? does that work?).  I love that my naturally straight, super thin hair gets these super sexy waves and lots of body and texture.

Since I don't live anywhere near an ocean, you can imagine my distraught that I will have to wait until my upcoming trip to California in July (more details on that later!) to get this look.  Sooo I had to make my own... ocean-in-a-bottle if you will.  But it smells like lavender.  I know, I'm awesome.


DIY Sea Salt Spray Ingredients:

- 1 spray bottle (I got mine in the plants section at Walmart for $2)
- a few teaspoons of sea salt, not regular table salt (I used 3.5 for mine, the more salt you use, the more textured your hair will be)
- a few tiny drops of a light oil (I used jojoba oil but you could try olive oil or coconut oil)
- 5 tiny drops of essential oil (I used lavender but you can use whatever you have... its entirely optional though)

Shake ingredients well before every single use.  Watch my video below to see how to get those beachy waves using my sea salt spray!






6 comments:

Taabeethaa said...

Oh I LOVE DIY videos!

Iris said...

Great DIY video. Do you find the DIY spray works better or the same as the manufactured kind such as Bumble & Bumble Sea Salt Spray?

Rebecca Sharpe said...

I just found you on Youtube! Hooray! I am totally going to try this spray as soon as I find a bottle! I always love the curls I get when I leave the beach! This should be fun.

iana dobreva said...

i love your hair videos, i dont really wear makeup but im hooked on you DIY vids, love it !

Anonymous said...

Can you also use it, when your hair is dry?

Blogger said...

3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

This means that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...