ABOUT RACHEL     YOUTUBE     TWITTER     FACEBOOK     LOOKBOOK     BLOGLOVIN'     PINTEREST

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Holiday DIY Gift: Sugar Scrubs!

I don't think you quite understand how obsessed I am with these scrubs.

They smell amazing (and probably don't taste awful... I haven't tried) and they leave my skin feeling so incredibly soft.

All this with just a few ingredients I have in my cupboard and some decorations from Wal-Mart - perfect!

Send me photos of your creations on my Twitter or Facebook with the hashtag #RachhLovesChristmas - I can't wait to see what you've come up with!





Recipe #1: Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
(makes a 650mL jar worth)
- 3.5 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of light olive oil
- 3-4 tsp of peppermint extract
- 4 tsp coconut oil

Recipe #2: Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar Scrub
(makes a 1L jar worth)
- 3 cups of brown sugar
- 2 cups of large flake oats
- 1.5 cups of light olive oil
- 2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1.5 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of nutmeg

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

Very cute, we make similar ones and they are so amazing for the skin and smell fabulous!

Mimi said...

Anything coconut oil based gets my vote! I use it all over anyway, what a great scrub:)

Aesthetic Lounge

OPI Addict said...

great idea! :)
I just found your blog/channel, great to meet another Canadian!

Cassy Workette said...

great Idea, I was going to to gift sets of lip and body scrubs for freinds!

xo Cassy
http://theworkette.blogspot.com/

kumar said...

This really cute. this is great idea

Happy Christmas holidays

Cheers
Prasad

Mark said...

This is an amazing idea.I love it. Thanks for sharing two recipes here.

Blogger said...

3 Researches REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...