I am a self-professed foodie. I love the Food Network. I want to adopt Paula Deen. Baking is very therapeutic for me, and I like pushing myself to test new recipes and throw my own ideas into the mix (no pun intended). If you follow me on Twitter, you'd notice that despite having a beauty channel, 90% of my photos are of food.
One of my first videos was "What I Eat in a Day" and I get at least 2-3 requests a day to see an updated version of that video. I contemplated for a while whether or not I wanted to put up a video like that. Food, diet and weight are very touchy subjects, especially for us girls, I'm very sensitive to what I put up online about it. I am not a health professional, and I do not encourage anyone to follow what I eat. I'm putting up this video for two reasons:
1. For pure entertainment value. I like watching these kinds of videos because its fun watching what kinds of foods other people enjoy. Plus, there are some great recipe ideas too!
2. To show that I'm normal. I don't always eat healthy, wholesome foods all the time (I admit, I do love a good homemade chocolate chip cookie). However, I do my best to fuel my body with healthy foods as often as I can.
Remember that each and every one of us is unique, and our nutritional requirements differ. I strongly suggest that if you're struggling, to speak with your doctor to find meal ideas that fit your unique needs! :)
Here some additional meal ideas based on things I tend to eat on a day-to-day basis:
- 2 eggs (or egg whites) scrambled with whole grain toast
- Greek yogurt with bran flakes and berries
- Homemade protein pancakes
- Almost always leftovers :P
- My biggest tip is to buy a big pack of meat (or meat alternatives) and bake them all up on a weekend. Freeze any portions you won't consume and then use the rest throughout the week for salads and sandwiches.
- Whole wheat spaghetti and turkey meatballs with homemade tomato sauce (crushed tomatoes, olive oil, spices, fresh basil)
- steak, mashed potatoes (or sweet potatoes), broccoli sauteed in garlic and olive oil
- Mediterranean fish with brown rice and
- Beef pot roast
- Chicken stirfry (homemade stiryfry sauce, chicken, a variety of veggies and brown rice)
I hope you enjoy this video! :)